Test jQuery Updates is an official plugin by the WordPress team that is intended for testing of jQuery and jQuery UI before updating them in WordPress. It is not intended for use in production.
Version 2.0 of the plugin is intended for testing in WordPress 5.6. It can disable jQuery Migrate in preparation for removing it in the future.
If you find a bug in a jQuery related script please report it. Instructions are available at the plugin’s settings page.
When activated this plugin will not disable jQuery Migrate. When testing it can be disabled from the plugin settings screen. For more information about jQuery Migrate please visit: https://github.com/jquery/jquery-migrate/.
Contributors & Developers
“Test jQuery Updates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Update for use in WordPress 5.6.
- Remove testing of different versions of jQuery UI.
- Change the default for jQuery Migrate to “enabled”.
- Update jQuery Migrate to 3.3.2.
- Use the non-minified, debug versions of jQuery 3.5.1 and jQuery Migrate 3.3.2.
Update for compatibility with WordPress 5.5-beta1 and newer, allows re-enabling of jQuery Migrate 1.4.1.